Saturday, November 14, 2015

Upcoming TV shows with the most promise: ‘Marvel’s Jessica Jones,’ ‘Colony’

The mediocre slate of new broadcast television shows has me looking forward to midseason replacements.
TV networks often save their most risky and daring new shows for midseason or summer release. Even my favorite show from last year, “The 100” on the CW, is being saved for a midseason return in early 2016.
Other favorites of mine due to return in early 2016 include “Marvel’s Agent Carter” on ABC and “12 Monkeys” on Syfy.
Of the shows that are soon to premiere, I’m most interested in “Marvel’s Jessica Jones” on Netflix, “Colony” on USA, “Containment” on the CW, and “The X-Files” reboot on Fox.
Other shows could have potential, but I’ll need to read reviews or see new trailers to get a better feel for them. They include “Lucifer” on Fox, “The Expanse” on Syfy and “Shades of Blue” on NBC.
Most of those shows are science-fiction, comic-book and horror shows. That’s because genre shows are more interesting to me than standard lawyer or cop shows. I like to be surprised.

Photos: Promotional art for “Marvel’s Jessica Jones” and “The X-Files.”


No comments: